Step by Step Guide on How to Generate a Custom Logo for Any WP Theme
If you run a business, irrespective of whether it’s offline or online, you have to have a website. This is because it’s one of the most important aspects of digital marketing which is the norm today.
For those who are not quite tech-savvy or simply don’t want to spend a lot of money on the marketing and others aspects of a business, at least during the initial stage, a WordPress website is one of the simplest and most affordable solutions.
This is because WordPress offers a slew of plugins and tools for all kinds of purposes- Search Engine Optimization, social media support, enhanced security and privacy, etc. Plus, there are a variety of pre-built free and premium WordPress themes from which you can pick one for your website.
While it’s smart to apply a pre-built theme on your website rather than creating one from scratch, you must create a custom logo still. This is because your company logo is the core element of your brand. It’s the mark of your vision, your company’s class, professionalism, and all the values it promotes.
If you want to create a unique and creative logo for your company’s WP theme, then you are at the right place. So, let’s get started.
Understanding Your Brand
Before you actually start with the designing part, it’s important that you have a clear idea of your brand first. This is because only when you know what kind of brand you to create, what your company’s mission is, what are the things that make it stand out, you will be able to put these qualities and emotions in a symbol, i.e. the mark of your brand.
Remember, if you rush through the process of branding you can end up creating a bad logo and a bad brand overall, which may compel you to go the “rebranding” route, which is both tedious and costly. So, take your time during this stage, as it lays the foundation for your brand.
The first thing you need to ask yourself at this point, is what kind of brand you want to create? Do you want it to cater to the needs of only a select group of individuals, or do you want it to become a popular household name? Also, what kind of values do you want your brand to support? Is there a special cause that it stands with, such as gender equality, or a fight against body shaming, etc. Are you going for an edgy appeal or want to associate your brand with a classy and formal persona?
These are some of the questions that you must get the answers to. This is because when it comes to a company logo, or in this case a WP logo, every small detail- the font, colors, art style, etc. can make a huge difference to your brand. For instance, if you want to create a brand that represents royalty, mysteriousness, etc. then you would lean towards the color purple. Similarly, if adventure, creative, young, etc. are some of the words that represent your brand, then orange would be a natural color choice for your logo. After all, the colors say a lot about your company.
Generating a Logo for your WP Theme
Now that you know how branding affects logo creation, and why is it important, we can now move to the actual designing part, which is actually a lot easy if you are using a logo generator.
Follow these steps to generate a logo for your theme:
- Pick a logo name, which would be the name of your brand.
- Add a tagline (if you want to, although that’s not necessary).
- Enter your industry (health, education, food, etc.)
- Enter a few details about your company. These could include the location of your business, your vision for it, the values and ethics you strongly feel about, etc.
- Pick the type of logo you want. You have three options:
- Icon-Based: easy to remember, highly visual in nature.
- Name Based: one of the most popular types of logos. Widely used by some of the biggest brands across the globe.
- Initial Based: picks the initial of your brand name for the logo.
- The software will provide you a series of auto-generated logos in the sets of two from which you can pick the ones you like more. This will help it get a better idea of what kind of logo you are looking for. The entire process shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes.
- Voila! Your WP logo is created! If you like, you can change the design by changing the color or font, which is also quite easy to do. Once you are done, you can download the logo file and upload it to your WP theme to use it as your logo.
So, there you have it! A quick and convenient way to create a logo for your WordPress Theme. It seriously doesn’t get any easier than this.