Tips to Avoid Stress during College Year
In fact, any student who cares about academic results suffers from some kind of anxiety or stress. However, one must remember this kind of stress exists for some reason and that he is the one who chooses whether it will have a negative impact or will help to improve his productivity.
Some Common Explanations for Academic Stress:
- Lack of planning and organization
- External pressure to achieve good results
- Competitiveness compared to other students
- Low motivation level
The difference between a student who is overwhelmed by stress and another who uses it to focus and achieve better results consists in how would they react when facing difficulties. Successful students would take a break, reflect on their attitude and choose the way that will help them to achieve their ultimate objective. Well, if it comes to the point when you finds yourself running out of time and aptitude, you even might consider to buy essay as an ultimate resource to save the academic situation.
Hopefully you may not find yourself in a stressful time, though it never hurts to know these points for when the time comes. There are always some techniques you can use to keep those negative situations away and focus properly on your curricular objectives.
Most important factor is, obviously, the learning process’ organization. “Time management and organization is the best way for anxiety and stress prevention, specially, during exams,” the experts say. Knowing what you can handle is fundamental. When you try to perform more tasks than you actually can manage, you are inevitably generating a feeling of anxiety and anguish that negatively interferes with your concentration capacity. This, in its turn, aggravates your stress and you will find yourself immersed in a vicious circle, impossible to break through.
Therefore, you should assess and know your working capacity – a factor directly impacting on your attention and, therefore, on your performance. It is what psychology describes as mindfulness or full awareness.
To improve this performance, it would be convenient to take into account certain basic aspects of everyday life that are essential for your sound mind to remain in a sound body.
Pay Attention to the Following “Must Do”:
- Don’t forget to work out physically as this is the best way to reach a state of “dynamism”, to generate endorphins and get rid of tension.
- Keep up to a healthy and balanced diet. If you eat something between hours, choose nuts as it’s a good option since they contain slowly digested sugars which benefit concentration.
- Be very careful with stimulants’ consumption, such as caffeine, as they provoke state of “nervousness and confusion” when you feel very excited but not able to retain ideas and concepts.
- Never forget to sleeping for seven or eight hours per night since this is your most important guarantee to achieve good concentration and positive mood.